Monday 1 July 2013

Meet Christina Batista: Masterchef 2013 Contestant



Stay-At-Home Mum
State:
NSW
Age: 31
Christina is a modern day mum with 1950s style. She lives with her partner, Kate, and her two children, Damian (9) and Anabelle (6). Her kids are her world and if she’s not spending time with her children she is either watching cooking shows or cooking.
Christina was married to her children’s father and although she had a good life she was very unhappy. Her marriage ended and she then met the love of her life, Kate. Christina is also very close to her two sisters and her mum. Her parents split up when she was 14 and it was a challenging time for herself and her older sister, who both had to work part-time to help support the family. She grew up quickly, but it has given her the strength of character she has today.
Cooking is therapy for Christina, and she loves that you learn by making mistakes and experimenting with food and flavour.
When her son Damian was diagnosed with autism, it became necessary for her to be a stay-at-home mum. He is now in a good place and she feels able to follow another path. She wants her children to know that you can always follow your dreams no matter how old you are.
“I want to prove to myself that I am more than what I am now. I know that being a mum is one of the most important jobs in the world, but I know that I can be more.”
Christina’s dream is to open up a funky cafe that plays on her love of 1950s fashion and style.
“I would love to move to London and open up a little cafe there with Kate, Damian and Anabelle. I want to be able to give other mothers opportunities to interact with other people, and I would eventually love to run cooking classes from the cafe at night and spread my love of food.”


Christina's Profile courtesy of Masterchef Australia 2013

1 comment:

  1. Isn't she wonderful! And, Christina Batista is now writing for us on http://sydneyscoop.com

    ReplyDelete